Wednesday, May 02, 2007

We've Got Big Blogs

Some blogs are held for charity
And some for fancy dress
But when they're held for pleasure
They're the blogs that I like best

I guess we all chase traffic. But what happens when we catch it? People plaster their blogs with hit counters, subscription counters, ads, testimonials.

Say I'm interested in what the person is saying. I click "about" and it says "5,000 to 7,500 subscribers." What? Did I click on "how big are your balls?" No, I didn't. I clicked on "About this blog." Tell me something about the blog, not about how marketing numbers hit your brain like a lungful of crack.

Thanks!

2 Comments:

Blogger ChrisV82 said...

I just want people to read my blog so I can feel important, like former syndicated journalist Dave Barry.

Then I could write hilarious books about being 40! Even though I'm not. Perhaps that is the source of the humor.

"Today I am forty. I am old. My bones ache! LOL!"

6:17 AM  
Blogger Project WANNABE said...

Yeah. In a horrifying coincidence I just wrote a supposedly "humorous" post the other day that looked suspiciously familiar. Luckily I didn't post it. When I saw your comment I suddenly realized what was wrong. I had channeled Dave Barry.

Probably not coincidentally, I am exactly 40.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home